Friday, June 20, 2008

Letting Go.


My house looks like a bomb hit it. It is full of teenagers, icing sugar, power tools and laptops. Even worse than the house is the workshop. I have been holding off tackling this project, but now that summer is upon us, I just need to get to it. For the past three years I have been collecting discarded objects, bits of wood and other oddities to work on my art. I accomplished what I set out to do, but now it is hard to get rid of the leftovers. Today I started shoveling through the heaps. I know I should just load it all into a bin, but I don't have the heart - so I am slowly dismantling my collection and doing some building along the way. I know I will feel better when it is done, and then I can get on with my summer. I know it is going to be another great one.

No comments: