Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Self Portrait


Well, not exactly a self portrait, but probably more flattering than how I have been looking lately. December just knocks the wind out of me. I know it is busy for everybody, but piling two kids birthdays on top of all the holiday festivities always adds to the craziness. Having said that, I wouldn't trade the December babies I have for any others. Not ever. There were so many highs this month..... I can't tell you the pride I felt when Princess asked if she could take Mr. Bobo out on a date for his birthday. She wouldn't even consider taking money from us as she felt it all needed to come from her. She is now 15 and is probably the BEST teenager a mother could hope for. Mr. Bobo is now 8. He took this picture with his new camera. He has been smiling from ear to ear for the past few weeks. Having kids around for Christmas just adds such a wonderous dimension to life doesn't it? Another great moment came this month when a friend of mine called with a very generous offer to bail out the food bank in our neighbourhood... it was slated to close after the holidays. No words can express my gratitude. It is moments like those that melt away all the bad stuff that may be sticking to you. Thank you N. You are truly a star.

No comments: